Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Monday, March 22, 2010
Friday, March 19, 2010
The Shenandoah Area Council is proud to announce March's Eagle Scouts:
- Phillip Richman, Jr., Troop 54, Edinburg VA
- Adam Campbell, Troop 500, Berryville VA
- Aidan McCormick-Demolli, Troop 36, Amissville VA
- Collin Wagoner, Troop 16, Martinsburg WV
- Ethan Watson, Troop 948, Ranson WV
- Joshua Hiett, Troop 77, Bloomery WV
- Jesse Stevenson, Troop 16, Falling Waters WV
- Steven Stubbs, Troop 3, Winchester VA
Let's give them a big hand!
February's Eagle Scouts
January's Eagle Scouts
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Time for a little Spring weather at Camp Rock Enon for Venturers and Explorers.
Can you make it? Do you need to thaw out?
"The Rock" should be all thawed out by April 16th.
Sign up and check it out!
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Friday, March 5, 2010
Crew, Packs and Troops!
Janet Cacciatore of the C&O Canal Trust is interested in some help from Scouting.
The Chesapeake and Ohio Canal runs through 5 Boy Scout councils as it winds from Washington DC to Cumberland MD. Many of our units have biked, kayaked, hiked and backpacked portions of it.
Now we have a chance to give back--and maybe work in a little camping, too.
The 2010 Canal Pride Days (flyer)are coming up, with opportunities for service.
Paw Paw (Paw Paw Campground, Milepost 156.2, MD Rt. 51 prior to the WV line): Saturday, May 8th – 8:30 AM to 12:00
The Williamsport office of the National Park is on the C&O and has a small museum. And if you've never hiked through the Paw Paw Tunnel...well, we won't spoil the fun.